Our Spring Open House is April 7 from 8:30 to 11 a.m. in the Atrium on the Blackwood Campus. We will offer campus tours and information about our programs, as well as breakout sessions about how to enroll in college, how to pay for college, and how to choose a major.
There will be a public joint hearing of the NJ State Legislature on the topic of school security on Monday, April 9 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Rohrer Center. Sixteen legislators will attend and students are encouraged to attend. Space is limited, so please contact Kathy Dawson-Faul if you are interested.
Join us for Godspell April 27 and 28 at 8 p.m., April 29 at 3 p.m., and May 3, 4, and 5 at 8 p.m. in the Little Theater in Lincoln Hall. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for CCC students, staff, seniors, and children, and $8 per ticket for groups of 8 or more.
Our 50th Anniversary Gala is April 13 at 6 p.m.. We will begin with a cocktail hour from 6 to 7 p.m. followed by dinner and dancing in the Atrium. We have sold 400 tickets (which exceeds our goal of 35) and have raised over $120,000 in sponsorships for scholarships.
On April 14 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. the College will host “It’s Hygienic,” a live game show that helps dental hygiene students prepare for their national boards while having fun.
The Center is hosting a free book discussion of Letters to a Young Muslim on April 3 at 3:30 p.m. in Madison 111.
The Center is offering a free lecture series entitled, “Terror in the 21st Century: Al Qaeda, Isis, and Their Affiliates.” All lectures are in Civic Hall at 7 p.m.
“The Evolution of Al-Qaeda” on April 4
“Inside the Caliphate: What ISIS Wants and How It Finally Can Be Stopped” on April 11
“Al-Qaeda” on April 25
The Center’s Art in the Evening series will showcase the work of Thomas Moran on April 5 and Albert Bierstadt on April 12 at 7 p.m. in Civic Hall.
The addiction awareness series offered by The Center will feature a workshop about ethics for counselling professionals at 6 p.m. in Civic Hall on April 18.
Several workshops for teachers and public school administrators are being offered through our School Services Department:
- “A+ Ideas for Every Student’s Success” – April 11 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Connector 356
- “Developing Growth Mindsets” – April 13 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in ROH 106B
- “Reading Like a Detective: Close Reading Through Guided Instruction” April 20 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Madison 101
- “Learning How to Learn-Part I” – April 27 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in ROH 106B.
- Student can witness the excitement and drama of science in action with real-time, interactive video conferencing with a hospital and surgical team in “Live From Surgery” sessions. Kidney transplant is April 24, Robotic Surgery is May 16, and Neurosurgery is May 1. Click here for more information or call (856) 227-7200 ext. 4165.