Five first-place winners in Camden County’s Juried Senior Art Show have been awarded top honors at the state level in New Jersey’s 52nd Annual State Senior Citizen Juried Art Show, held this month at the Mercer County Division of the Cultural & Heritage Commission. Camden County’s winners are:
- Marilyn Weinstein, 1st Place in the Acrylic Professional category
- Marlane Uhr, 2nd Place in the Craft Non-Professional category
- Riccardo Veggian, 3rd Place in the Works on Paper Professional category
- Nancy Schmidt, Honorable Mention in the Digital Art Professional category
- Howard Shivers, Honorable Mention in the Oil Non-Professional Category
Each county in NJ holds its own Senior Art Show, and first-place winners in each county move on to the state level. Close to 300 pieces of Senior Citizens art are on display at the Meadow Lakes Senior Living facility in East Windsor, NJ. The exhibit is open to the public from September 20 to October 25, Monday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The artists will be recognized at a private reception and awards ceremony on October 26, 2018.
The Camden County Senior Art Show is sponsored by the Camden County Cultural & Heritage Commission at Camden County College.